How to clean clothing dye off the American Girl What do
11/07/2008†∑ I don't know if they still have it, but AG had a 'doll cleaning kit' you could buy. It was actually a small bottle of baking soda packaged with an AG white washcloth. It was actually a small bottle of baking soda packaged with an AG white washcloth.... 20/12/2007†∑ Paige: I was really worried that the cream would discolor the doll's skin tone- and it didn't. With a darker doll- I would try an inconspicuous test patch (think Ö
The doll Company... Doll Tip of the Month
The American Girl company suggests cleaning their dollsí vinyl parts with a paste of baking soda and water. If a dollís hair is a glued-on wig (not rooted through the scalp like Barbieís), skip the shampoo. Lightly dampen the hair, then loosen tangles from the bottom up with a wire dog comb.... 6/06/2005†∑ I could be wrong, this is based on my knowledge from customizing "My Little Pony" dolls.I do not believe it is possible to lighten the color of the vinyl.Sunshine would bleach it over time, but it would probably also weaken the vinyl and fade it unevenly.
Twin Pines Formula 9-1-1
The Living and Live Action dolls can be tough to clean and may need a lot of elbow grease. Sometimes just soap and a toothbrush won't do it. I often have to use Bon Ami and a toothbrush to get the limbs clean. how to convince your parents to buy you something Check the doll periodically, if the vinyl feels extremely hot from the sun, remove it from the direct sunlight. Wipe off the cream with a soft damp cloth. If some of the stain is still there, repeat the procedure as many times as necessary.
Cleaning magic marker off vinyl doll face The eBay Community
Repeat as necessary, rinse the doll with another cotton ball soaked in clean water, and dry the doll with the soft cloth." Then move on to any areas with painted-on features, like the face and nails. To clean dust and grime in these areas, Candler recommends using a cotton swab soaked in clean water. "Go over the face and nails very gently, without putting pressure on the doll's paint. Dry the how to clean stains out of jeans To clean a cloth body on a vinyl doll fill a small spray bottle with water, add ? tsp. baby shampoo to bottle and gently shake. Spray body lightly and rub well with a sponge to remove surface dirt, try not to drench, it is hard to dry the insides without molding if they get too damp. Allow to dry completely before placing clothes back on. If there is a particularly bad spot on your vinyl body
How long can it take?
Vinyl Dolls CHERYL'S DOLL HOSPITAL
- Antique Tips Caring For Vinyl Dolls Essortment
- Cleaning Vintage Barbie Dolls and Clothes The eBay Community
- Just Magic Cleaning Vinyl
- Twin Pines Formula 9-1-1
How To Clean Vinyl Doll Skin
To clean a cloth body on a vinyl doll fill a small spray bottle with water, add ? tsp. baby shampoo to bottle and gently shake. Spray body lightly and rub well with a sponge to remove surface dirt, try not to drench, it is hard to dry the insides without molding if they get too damp. Allow to dry completely before placing clothes back on. If there is a particularly bad spot on your vinyl body
- 20/02/2008†∑ Care & cleaning (some websites here include repair and storage tips) Some websites still suggest oiling eyes in composition dolls. This is NOT recommended, as oil on eyes seeps into and damages composition over time!
- 1/04/2008†∑ Cleaning vinyl dolls: I completly dampen the doll or wet and apply the cleaner. Let set for about 5 minutes. Then I scrub them with a tooth brush being very careful on the face and painted facial features. Rinse and repeat if neccessary.
- These cleaning tips should help you remove just about any dirt and grime from the vinyl parts of the doll. Sometimes, however, a stain can penetrate into the vinyl. Ink from markers or pens, dye from clothes and mildew are the most common sources of stains.
- Doll Skin - In Your Face (again) (green) [New Vinyl LP] Colored Vinyl, Green Email to friends Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tab Share on Twitter - opens in a new window or tab Share on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab